|Kirk Coco and Peter Caddoo at SAVOR, an event dedicated to showcasing American Craft Beer|
OK, I confess. I didn't go out last night for American Craft Beer Week. But it's a marathon, not a sprint, and I plan to go to two events tonight: The Avenue Pub's Barrel Aged Night, celebrating the best of barrel aged beers (of primarily bourbon barrels.) Here are the beers featured:
- Saint Arnold Bishop’s Barrel Vertical #1, 3, 4, 5
- Abita Pappy Van Winkle Aged Bourbon Street Stout (draft)
- Founders KBS (draft)
- Evil Twin Double Barrel Aged Even More Jesus
- Evil Twin Barrel Aged Imperial Biscotti Break
- He’Brew Funky Jewbelation
- Against The Grain London Balling (Angels Envy Barrel Aged)
- Santa Fe Imperial Smoked Porter W/ Chipolte Peppers Aged In Bourbon Barrels (draft)
- Old Rasputin Barrel Aged Imperial Stout 2012 (draft)
- Terrapin Substance Abuse – Woodford Reserve Barrel Aged Wake & Bake (draft)
Nice to see some recent additions to the LA beer market on there like Founders, Santa Fe, and Terrapin.
The event at the Avenue starts at 5pm, so I'm hoping to hit that early and then head over to the Bulldog on Canal for the New Orleans debut of Gnarly Barley! It will be just the Catahoula Common tonight, but it looks like the Radical Rye PA was ready in time for Northshore are GBB events this week - when I was pulling the schedule together a couple weeks ago, they weren't sure and therefore only wanted to list the Catahoula Common. New Orleans will be able to try the Radical Rye on Friday, when the Avenue Pub hosts its Locals Night.
Here are the rest of the events for today:
- 5pm - Barrel Aged Night: the annual salute to beer aged in (mostly bourbon) barrels. All beers will be served in 4 ounce pours.
- 7pm - Bayou Teche/Tin Roof/New Belgium Night.
- 7:30pm - Abita Bourbon Street Series Release & Pint Night. Featuring Abita’s latest limited-release Bourbon Street Series beer, Baltic Porter. It is a porter that is aged in Pappy Van Winkle Bourbon barrels for 8 weeks. Buy a pint and keep the glass!
- 6pm - Abita Bourbon Street Series Release & Pint Night. Featuring Abita’s latest limited-release Bourbon Street Series beer, Baltic Porter. It is a porter that is aged in Pappy Van Winkle Bourbon barrels for 8 weeks. Buy a pint and keep the glass!
- 8pm - Gnarly Barley debuts in New Orleans with the tapping of a special keg of dry-hopped Catahoula Common.
- 6pm - St Arnold Flight Night. Featured beer: Santo, Endeavour, Lawnmower Summer Pils, and Spring Seasonal.
- 8pm - East Coast Brewery Night with Harpoon, Brooklyn, and Shmaltz Breweries. Featured beers: Harpoon Black Forest Cherry Chocolate Porter, Harpoon Rich and Dan’s Rye IPA, Shmaltz Death of a Contract Brewer, Brooklyn Black Ops, BQE Wild Streak, and Vintage 2012 Black Chocolate Stout.
- 6pm - New Belgium night. Featured beers: Coconut Curry Heffe and Le Terrior for Lips of Faith brews plus several other offerings.
- 5-7pm - Gnarly Barley Pint Night - Have a Catahoula Common and Radical Rye PA with the founders of Gnarly Barley!
- $2.50 pricing on all Gordon Biersch drafts.
- 9pm - Trivia night and Abita pint night with Abita Citra Hopped Jockamo.
- 7pm - Tapping of Chafunkta-Old Rail Collaboration, Off The Tracks.
- 3-6pm - Louisiana Breweries Beer Tasting on the terrace with local breweries, gourmet picnic menu items, and live music.
- 6:30pm - NOLA Pint Night - Blonde, Hopitoulas, & Flambeau Red.
Don't forget you can look ahead in the week at http://www.nolabeerblog.com/p/acbw-2014-events.html.