|Variety of beer from Local's Night at the Avenue Pub|
The local's night at the Avenue Pub was a lot of fun. A bunch of the brewers were there and I especially enjoyed the double dry hopped Catahoula Common by Gnarly Barley. Also the Off the Tracks and (to my surprise) the 40 Arpent stout on cask with ginger and wasabi. The crowd was lively but friendly and although the beer professionals in attendance seemed pretty weary from their week, they were awesome.
OK, for today, this is important - the Avenue Pub Grand Tasting actually starts at 1pm, not 3pm as previously reported. In fact, there's a bunch of stuff on tap right now that's available downstairs, so... no need to wait, get on out there!
Also happening - Meet The Brewers at Red White & Brew out in Hammond with the folks from Gnarly Barley, Chafunkta, Covington, Parish, and Old Rail in attendance, and they'll be tapping their beers all through the day. Barley Oak is also having its Grand Tasting in Mandeville.
A couple special casks look intriguing - 40 Arpent's Bananas Foster at Evangeline in the Quarter, and Crooked Letter's Stabello aged on cherries at the Clearview Buffalo Wild Wings.
Here's the whole list- go enjoy this beautiful day with the best that American craft beer has to offer on this beautiful day!
Saturday, May 17
- 1pm - 6th Annual Grand Tasting. All the best of American Craft at your fingertips. A la carte or tasting ticket. Too many to list! Go to the source for the most up to the minute list.
- 7pm - Grand Tasting - Sierra Nevada Hoptiumum; Sam Adams Honey Queen, Third Voyage, Belgian Session; Brooklyn BQE, Brewmasters Reserve. Also, Parish Brewing black currant and Galaxy dry hopped canebrake on cask.
- 7pm – Founders Night. The tapping of one of the only kegs of Old Curmudgeon Ale released in the state of Louisiana. Try a vertical flight of Old Curmudgeon along with four other great Founders beers - All Day IPA, Centennial IPA, Dirty Bastard Scotch Ale, and Porter.
- 7pm – Crooked Letter Cask Night. Paul Smith, Co-Owner and General Manager, will be on hand at 7 pm to tap a cask of cherry-infused Stabello Italian-style Lager.
- 6pm - Chafunkta/Old Rail Collaboration Tapping
- 8pm - New Belgium pint night: Fat Tire, Snapshot, Summer Helles, and Lips of Faith.
- 10am-12pm Founders KBS Beer Brunch. (Event is closed to public due to limited capacity, Tickets available for purchase at the bar)
- 8pm West Coast Brewery Night with Stone, Green Flash and Sierra Nevada breweries. Featured Beer: Stone IRS, Spotlight Sprocketbier, Sierra Hoptimum, Ovila Saison, Greenflash Hop Odyssey and Palate Wrecker
- 6pm - NOLA cask night. Tapping NOLA Girl Stout Cookie and Rebirth Pale Ale.
- 5pm - Featured beer: 40 Arpent Bananas Foster Milk Stout
- Legendary garlic fries and a Gordon Biersch craft beer $10 all day.
- 11am - Saint Arnold Endeavour cask tapping
- 4pm - Limited Release and Special Preview of Anniversary Barleywine
- 2pm - Meet Your Local Craft Brewers with Gnarly Barley, Parish, Covington, Chafunkta, and Old Rail Brewing. Special beers on tap will be available.