|Ommegang seasonal at Coquette|
Almost at the end of ACBW, hope everyone is holding up OK!
Yesterday afternoon/evening was gorgeous in New Orleans and today is shaping up to be the same. I'm heading over to the Avenue Pub to drink some of the newer, smaller, local breweries' beer this afternoon - hey, did y'all know that the Avenue balcony opens at 1pm on Fridays? - and then head over to Crescent Pie and Sausage.
I saw a bunch of ACBW stuff around on social media, and I thought it would be fun to post through other folks' eyes (i.e., Twitter accounts).
Firkin of Bayou Teche biere noir w/fresh coconut #craftbeerweek @bayoutechebiere @TinRoofBeer #nola pic.twitter.com/QEESghyLfE
— d.b.a. New Orleans (@dbaneworleans) May 16, 2014
Ooooooh - Drinking a Delacroix Nelson Sauvin by 40 Arpent Brewing Company at @avenuepubnola — http://t.co/XRxK4lbx7w
— #NOLAConfessions™ (@animatedGeoff) May 16, 2014
Drinking a Bourbon Oak Aged Parade Ground Coffee Porter by @TinRoofBeer at @pelicanhousebr — http://t.co/h5ddMGgsje
— Tyler Cummings (@TylerDrew) May 16, 2014
Getting the party started RIGHT at @barleyoak with #radicalrye #catahoulacommon & a specialty dry hopped keg of... http://t.co/SHkOypDXgJ
— GnarlyBarleyBrewing (@GnarlyBeer) May 16, 2014
So glad to finally have this here. - Drinking a Mystery Romp by Crooked Letter Brewing Co. @ The Cove — http://t.co/uurz06Vixb #photo
— The Ale Runner (@TheAleRunner) May 16, 2014
Never had canebreak like this. thanks @ParishBrewing & @AvenuePubNOLA, perfect evening on the balcony for this #ACBW pic.twitter.com/b7U1cgRbWj
— Neutral Grnd Brewing (@NGBrewing) May 16, 2014
If you're too snooty for @BWWNOLA for #ACBW then you're a poser. @40ArpentBrewing cask cafe is tapped and delicious. pic.twitter.com/dn2Fw8AKDV
— Stein's Deli (@SteinsDeli) May 15, 2014
Drinking a Hoppy Jindal from @BayouTecheBiere. I can feel my UNO tuition rising with every sip!
— I AM NOLA (@BeingNOLA) May 15, 2014
A little Louie Prima on the jukebox, small batch Abita cask, beautiful weather and the @RBarNOLA. This is a good day.
— Brett Crawford (@FQMule) May 15, 2014
It's a beautiful day to be sipping @LazyMagnolia Berliner Weisse on the courtyard! #ACBW2014 #ACBW pic.twitter.com/jbs28svH7e
— Mahogany Bar (@mahoganybar) May 15, 2014
Pizza and Buddha. Done. - Drinking a Kingfish Ale by @chafunktabrew @ The Midway on Freret St. — http://t.co/0gDub5oNpD
— Drunken Intellectual (@DrunkIntellect) May 16, 2014
And here's the schedule for today's ACBW events!
Friday, May 16
- 1pm - Avenue Pub Locals Night with: Chafunkta & Old Rail collaboration release; special dry-hopped version of Gnarly Barley’s Catahoula Common; 40 Arpent’s Ginger Wasabi Milk Stout; Southern Prohibition's Barely Legal.
- 7pm - NOLA, Stone, and Brooklyn Brewing Night. Featuring a NOLA cask TBD and the Tiger Cub Saison by Stone.
- 7pm – Parish Brewing Cask Night. Andrew Godley, Founder and Brewmaster, will tap a cask of apricot and Galaxy dry hopped Canebrake Wheat Ale. Envie Pale Ale and the standard recipe of Canebrake Wheat will be on draft.
- 7pm – Founders Night. The tapping of one of the only kegs of Old Curmudgeon Ale released in the state of Louisiana. Try a vertical flight of Old Curmudgeon along with four other great Founders beers - All Day IPA, Centennial IPA, Dirty Bastard Scotch Ale, and Porter.
- 6pm - Keg of Saint Arnold’s Boiler Room Berliner Weisse. One of the only kegs available in the state.
- 6pm - Bayou Teche Throwdown with four Bayou Teche beers on tap, 2 one-off kegs, boudin, cracklin, and plenty of Bayou Teche swag.
- 8pm - West Coast Night- Stone Brewers Spotlight Sprocketbier and Imperial Russian Stout; Greenflash Hop Odyssey; and Sierra Nevada Ovila Saison and Hoptimum.
- 6pm - Abita Cask Night. Featured Beer: Cask Conditioned Citra Hopped Jockamo IPA (limited qty) and Bourbon St Baltic Porter
- 8pm - Lazy Magnolia Neighbors Night. Featured Beer: Lazy Mag Pecan, Hops’pitality, Lazy Saison, and debuting the new Songs of the South Berlinerweiss
- 6pm - West Coast meets the Gulf Coast - Greenflash Hop Odyssey, Le Freak; Stone Brewers Spotlight Series, Imperial Russian Stout; Sierra Nevada Ovila Saison, Hoptimum.
- Abita “Throwback” Pint Night
- 6pm - Crescent Pie and Sausage Company and New Belgium Beer Dinner. Several courses of food and beer pairings. 35.00 each person. Full table participation is a must for the course dinner.
- Hor d'Oeurves - Shift lager paired with cheese and accouterments
- First Course, choice of 1: Summer Salad of Sweet corn, Tomato and Watermelon with Hot Kumquat cane Vinaigrette. Served with Snapshot; or Grilled Chicken Andouille Served over Sweet Corn Succotash, Dill mustard Cream. Served with Fat Tire
- Second Course, choice of 1: Pan Seared Gulf Fish, Feild Peas, Lardo and Shellfish Butter, served with Summer Helles; or Lamb Goulash, Stewed Tomato Black Lager Lamb with Gravy and Root Vegetables, served with 1554 Black Lager.
- 5pm - Covington Brewhouse special brewed for the bar, Evangeline Amber
- Gordon Biersch beer samplers $6 all day.
- 4pm - Limited Release and Special Preview of Barrel Aged Anniversary Barleywine
- 6pm - So according to Twitter, the Ole Saint is having a Boston Beer/Sam Adams ACBW event. There will be schwag. Also beer & food pairings including the rare Golden Yuzu: Summer Ale with Cochon de Lait Fries, served with aged white cheddar & house pulled pork; Golden Yuzu, paired with our Flash Fried Louisiana Oysters, served with horseradish and green tomato chow chow; Sam Adams Boston Lager... to be paired again with our Cochon de Lait Fries, served with aged white cheddar & house pulled pork.
- 7pm - Abita Citra Hopped Jockamo cask