Pre Holiday Catching Up!
|A profile of me and my story in this month's Beer Advocate|
Man, I have not updated my blog with my new articles and stuff for ages. Let's fix that, shall we?
First of all, just a reminder that I've started a Tumblr page, mostly to house links of my stories, but also to reblog stuff I think is cute/funny/interesting and post photos. If you Tumbl, check it out!
|Beer Advocate's artistic imaging of Hattiesburg|
|The opening page of my Beer Advocate story on Hattiesburg|
I have two big stories out this past month. One is a profile of Hattiesburg Mississippi as a "Beer Destination" for Beer Advocate Magazine, and the other is an analysis of the impact of craft beer in five cities in the five states that surround the Gulf here: Houston, New Orleans, Hattiesburg, Birmingham, and the Tampa Bay area. This was really interesting to write and, I hope, interesting to read.
My Gambit pieces this past month or so have been pretty varied:
- Great Raft beer hit town in November
- I wrote a profile piece on local glass artist and homebrewer Andy Pollock
- Big news: MUDBUG BREWERY IN THIBODAUX opened! That's the 13th brewery in the state.
- Check out Crescent City Homebrewers' beer education class that will meet throughout 2015.
- Locally sourced gift ideas for beer lovers
- Courtyard Brewing is doing an awesome solstice-inspired weekend event featuring all dark beers called "Dark Hours."
- And this week's Brewsday Tuesday is about the Far Fighter 400, a fun new homebrew club interested in brewing beer and trash talking, not necessarily in that order.