|Soul Rebels at Oskar Blues Grill & Brew in Colorado|
Hey y'all - sorry to drop a press release on you and run, but I'm jammed with deadlines and the Brooklyn Mash happening this week. But the awesome thing is, can pioneer and Colorado brewery Oskar Blues is hitting town in April!
Oskar Blues Brewery, creator of the first American craft beer in a CAN, will keep cranking along with its strong expansion plans for 2015 with the April launch of the Southern Louisiana market. Oskar Blues has chosen Crescent Crown Distributing to cover the entirety of the southern part of the state from Lake Charles to New Orleans. The partnership marks the expansion of an already solid and productive relationship that has developed over the years with Crescent Crown Distributing of Arizona and Gulf Goldring/Gulf Distributing in Florida and Southern Alabama.
"Crescent Crown is extremely pleased to continue our solid partnership with the Oskar Blues Brewery in the Bayou State from New Orleans to the Lake Charles markets. Oskar Blues is a proven and committed supplier partner that delivers innovative beer brands supported with industry leading marketing resources and tools that position them as a key supplier in any craft beer portfolio. With their affinity for good down home Southern food and music, the Oskar Blues brands will be a perfect complement not only to CCD's robust craft portfolio but also to the ever-growing Louisiana craft beer industry with their unique entrepreneurial and charitable spirit," says Bubba Moffett, President of Crescent Crown Distributing LLC.
Launching the Oskar Blues brands in Bayou country makes for an especially significant occasion in the history of Oskar Blues given the business' deep Southern roots and auspicious start in 1997 as a Cajun-soaked bar, restaurant and music hall in Lyons, Colorado.
The launch will unfold throughout April, ramping up with a fully-loaded crew drive during the second week of the New Orleans Jazz Fest on April 27-May 1. Oskar Blues will initially be bringing the full line-up of its award-winning beers in CANS only to retailers and consumers in Louisiana and will roll with a full draft launch in the following weeks.
"The City That Care Forgot is about to get a big Mother FUH-CAN dose of OB. We are on a mission in 2015 and there is NO BETTA place in the world for that launch than NOLA. Whether you desire a can of Dale's while stumbling around in the Quarter, sipping a Mama's in the Garden District, or getting rolled in an alley behind AT2's after one too many Deviant's, OB is coming hard and correct to The Crescent City," says Dale Katechis, CEO & Soul Founder of Oskar Blues Brewery.
The beer that started the craft-beer-in-a-CAN revolution, Dale's Pale Ale, along with the rest of Oskar Blues line-up of year-round brews will be loaded up and truckin' to the Bayou State from the Colorado brewery at the end of this month and the CANS will be ready for thirsty Louisianans to throw back soon after.
More about Oskar Blues Year-Round Brews
- Dale's Pale Ale: As Oskar Blues' flagship beer, this American Pale Ale delivers balanced rich flavors of malts and hops (6.5% ABV, 65 IBUs). The award-winning beer was named the "Top U.S. Pale Ale" by The New York Times and is the number-one selling pale ale in ColoRADo.
- Pinner Throwback IPA: Crushable India Pale Ale with a delicate balance of citrusy, tropical hop aroma and a toasty, biscuit-like malt backbone (4.9% ABV, 35 IBUs). Oskar Blues newest brew.
- Mama's Little Yella Pils: This Bohemian Style Pilsner offers a refreshing balance of Saaz hops and specialty German malts while providing a gentle flavor (5.3% ABV, 35 IBUs). Like summer in your mouth.
- Old Chub Scotch Ale: Strong Scotch Ale, brewed with rich malts, specialty and smoked grains to deliver flavors of semi-sweet cocoa and coffee (8% ABV).
- Old Chub NITRO: Old Chub, but on NITRO, which adds a creamy, velvety mouth-feel. And a little less ABV at 6.9%.
- G'Knight Imperial Red IPA: The dry-hopped double-red IPA embodies a strong aroma and malty hopped flavors while providing a rich finish (8.7% ABV, 60 IBUs).
- Deviant Dale's IPA: American-style India Pale Ale, Deviant exemplifies aromas of citrus, grapefruit rind and piney resins to deliver a full-flavor (8% ABV, 85 IBUs).